Thursday 6 January 2011

Training project managers in the UK

As a student of project management, I read a lot of project books and papers.

Much of this makes sense and is useful, but occasionally something will come along that is truly inspiring to read.

Recently this happened when I found a paper published in 1989 entitled "Training project managers in the UK" by Reginald E W Harland. I read this paper and was completely blown away by how much sense it made and how easy it was to develop yourself, just from some simple tips about learning from others and reading around the subject.

Harland's background has some pedigree as well. He was Air Marshall Harland during his time in the RAF and then became Technical Director of WS Atkins in his retirement.

Obviously I cant print the article here, due to copyright reasons, but if you can get hold of a copy, I strongly suggest you read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment