Friday 8 October 2010

Higher Learning

I recently enrolled on an MSc course in Project Management and after receiving the first assignment in referencing and plagiarism, I was kinda struggling to see why I shouldn't do something more vocational.

Having thought a little about the assignment and navigating around the library website for research papers, it totally clicked.

I am currently writing a document on user requirements, so I found some appropriate research material, downloaded and read it, analysed it, referenced and quoted it in my work so that my work carried more weight. Result!

It's weird, but I'm already starting to notice a lack of references in the books that I've read before. I know that referencing makes text difficult to read, but it really does give your work much more credibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment